Thursday, February 24, 2011

My first post!

I'm a firm believer that when the time is right, the energy is there to help accomplish something. This blog is a perfect example. I've been thinking about creating one for at least two years and for some reason, today was the day to do it. Sure, there are other things I planned to do but apparently this should have been on the list.

Why blog? Because since opening Vintage Venerations three years ago, I have been on a personal and professional journey like nothing I've experienced before. Every day I learn something new about the history of rosaries, jewelry design and construction, glass making, metallurgy, religious devotions, Church history and the enormous communion of saints who inspire us with their unique lives. I detail the results of my research within the listings in my shop, but this blog is another way to share information, inspiration and my personal experiences as a seller and fellow traveler.

I don't know what will become of this blog but I believe it, like Vintage Venerations, is divinely inspired. So I will get out of the way, do the work that needs to be done, and pray that my words are for the greater good.  And as this blog takes on a life of its own, I hope others make it part of their life and turn it into a community where we can learn, share and encourage our mutual appreciation for vintage devotionals and the beauty they bring to our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment